Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Something New!

You might notice a new addition to this blog, in the right hand column. Yep, ads by Google AdSense! I have decided to make my fortune a penny at a time, and have signed up for this incredible money making scheme! In any event, I was just curious as to what AdSense is all about, and if I earn $10 a year, that will be fantastic.

What interested me most was the idea that the advertising would be assigned and tailored based on the content of my site. Well what do you know! Within five minutes of getting the ad code up, the little text ads are all to do about doors, trim, house stains, custom stairs, porches, paint, insulation, and anything else to do with owning a house. Pretty darn cool!

2 comments:

Edward Huse said...

I decided to do adsense on a couple of my blogs, not all of them, thinking it gauche, but after a while thought again and decided "who cares?", and now my whole raft of odd blogs has ads. I was also amazed at the kinds of ads that show up, the program is fascinating/scary as hell. You may be interested to know, that I have only recently bothered to check the account, and in all the time (a year or two) that the ads have been running, mind you on over a dozen blogs, I have racked up a solid $2.89!!! Can't wait to buy a pint with the proceeds!

David said...

Wow! I am kicking your sorry butt, as I am up to over $6 in five months, but thats canadian dollars I think, but I will have to wait at least 14 years for my first $100 payout! I think it is neat the way the ads are tailored, and I also like the way they increase the length of my 'sidebar' if you happen to scroll down three or four posts.