Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Outdoor Air Sensor

I dropped by Dave Davies Air Condtioning, Heating and Refrigeration to pick up the final toy to fully finish the heating system installation at the Field House: the outdoor air sensor. This little device remotely relays the outdoor temperature and humidity for display on the thermostat, as seen in the photographs below:


Close up of the display including outdoor air temperature and humidity. This is an actual shot of my unit, and not from Honeywell... I know 17.5 is a bit cool, but I was just testing the unit in Celsius!


The remote unit mounted on the exterior brick chimney wall. I didn't want to drill a new hole, so I used an existing hole which a while back had an anchor for a cable to hold tree upright.

1 comment:

Pete Jackson said...

Nice Thermostat! I found them online for about $400 here in the States, and am thinking of ordering one up! They claim to be real simple to install, and I am fed up with my old one.