Thursday, November 11, 2010

Late Update - Festival City Run

Having long completed the 7th Annual Festival City 10k Run in support of the Stratford General Hospital Foundation, I figured it was time to fess up and post my less than stellar results!

My parents arrived for the weekend, and since Katherine had decided not to run this year, I headed out with Roger (dad) and Alexander (my co-pilot) on a cold Sunday morning. I hadn't gotten as much training as I would have liked in, but enough to comfortably finish in the 50 something minute range without having to stop at all (at least I hoped!)

I finished in 53:34, having decided to do a slow start close to the back, which always costs about a minute at most. 26th place out of 40 in the 40 - 49 men's age group, and 164th out of 350 total finishers. Believe it or not, that was the slowest I have ever completed a 10k in, though I have only done a half dozen now. I raised $230 for the Foundation, so all in all, not a completely abysmal showing!

Alexander entertained the other runners by chatting them up a bit, and doing his part, with morale boosting stretches from his comfy and cozy position ahead of me in the stroller! Thanks to everyone who made a donation!

No comments: