Sunday, October 4, 2009

Festival City 10k Run

Today Katherine and I participated in the Festival City 10k Run to support the Stratford General Hospital Foundation. We ran it first last year, raising about $150 or so, with our run times of 52:39 for me while pushing Alexander (age 12 months) in the running stroller, and 1:02:25 for Katherine. For this year, we wanted to raise $300, while getting our times under 50 minutes and 1 hour respectively.

So the results are in: Today with Alexander in the stroller I completed the 10k in 50:58, and Katherine completed her run in 59:18! We also raised $250 this year for the Hospital. Although we didn't meet all of the goals we set, we were quite happy with our improvements. I wasn't totally disappointed with my own results, but I will not use Alexander's doubling in weight (from 15lb to 30lb this year) as an excuse! Hell, I even pumped the stroller's tires up to 70 psi to help keep my pace up! Next year I plan to beat 50 minutes (48 is my goal, and maybe actually training for the run might help!), Katherine plans to break the hour by a more significant margin, and hopefully we can raise closer to $500!


No comments: